Wednesday, August 17, 2011

In need of some support

One of my very first plants that I still have is a euphorbia. It has taken off since I moved to Texas and it has become very top heavy. There are not alot of branches on the lower half of the plant because I was very nieve about how to properly prune it. The other day we had some strong winds and my husband said it looked like it was going to blow over. Sure enough the next day I found it on its side. So far a plant stake from my local hardware store, for only a couple dollars, is holding it up well. One really helpful thing that I acquired at some point is a roll of velcro that is made for use on plants. I have had to add support to several plants and this stuff is very handy. You can cut off whatever length you need and the velcro holds strong. There are various versions such as plant ties. I recommend anyone growing plants get some.

No comments:

Post a Comment